This week seems like it was a little rushed. We had a multi-zone which normally I would get the control for the air conditioner from our Bishop because the meeting is in our chapel but the Elders had a meeting in our chapel Sunday night and they didn´t ask me to get it so I thought all was well in Casa Grande. Wednesday I got a phone call from Elder Levino. Elder Nascimento was on the line also making a conference call. "Sister McCollaum, could you get the control to us today by 3 pm?" It was already noon and we still had to eat lunch. It was also a holiday and very difficult to find any one in their house. Elder Nascimento´s phone wasn´t working so that´s why they had a conference call. Ah, all can still be well, "Sure, Elder, I can get it to you no problem. But you´re not going to get into the chapel cause Bishop switched the lock yesterday." I found out the night before when a kid in our ward said that he had the only key for the church and I found out that my key was no longer valid. I asked for a copy but I had to go through bishop before I could make one so I did not have a key at that time. All is well, I decided I would make a few phone calls. I hung up and dialed bishop´s number to find out that my phone also was locked so that I couldn´t make a phone call. So I went to the phone on the street, "Big Ear." After walking more than a mile and trying 5 "Big Ear´s" we found one that was functioning. Bishop--no answer; Secratary--no answer; Fabricio (kid with the key)--"Big Ear" stopped funtioning. One more "Big Ear" and Fabricio again--in another city; 1st Counselor--no answer; Elder--"You´re out of luck" and I´m out of minutes. We went to lunch, ate, then walked home to talk with Carneiro because he´s the 1st counselor in the stake presidency and he said he could help us. So the Elders called again and I told them to come talk with Carneiro cause he had the keys and he could get the air conditioner for us also. Problem solved.
I´ve never really remembered having a dream in Portugues. I remember one where some people from Brazil went to the states with me and they were trying to speak English and I was speaking Portuguese to them but nothing more than this. I thought that I just understood my dreams and they didn´t have words. My companion informed me otherwise. She said that I sleep talk and it´s in Portuguese. I guess it happens alot but not that she´s a little sick her sleep is more precious so she told me that she woke up and I was talking again. She couldn´t understand cause it wasn´t very loud but then another morning she told me that this time it was in English. I may not be able to remember English anymore or speak Portuguese very well but at least I can dream it.
I bought a coat today. I´m all ready for this nasty winter weather that I know is coming. It´s nasty pleather but at least it will keep me nice and toasty. I found out that I´m a terrible bargainer. I should have walked out to get them to lower the price but I didn´t. I didn´t want a chance of loosing that coat cause I remember the painful days back in October. And I hear that June and July are worse. Burr!
All in all I´m still fat and happy. Don´t have much to complain about and if I complain about anything I don´t know what good it will do. I love the Lord, I love my family, I love my area, I love the mission, I love walking all day in the rain and be cascaded with water from the cars passing at night. No better place to be, I´m sure of it. Read your scriptures, say your prayers, go to church and if you see a sad-looking missionary, buy them an icecream. They´ll love you for it. Lol! Just kidding. I´m getting fat...
Have an awesome week. Love you guys!!!
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment