After freezing my pants off last week, I mean skirt, one of the members in my ward invited me to go to Brás with her to buy winter clothes. Brás is where the clothes factories are and so everything should be really cheap. After a 2-hr bus ride we got there and spent 1 hour looking for a bank that accepted our cards. The prices of the clothes were good but not cheap. Then brilliantly I decided that we should take the train to get back home cause the train is "faster" than the bus. 1 metro, 2 trains, 1 bus-ride and 3 hours later we got to Casa Grande and now I´m using the internet. Moral of the story, when you have a plan don´t look to the sides to see the train station. Satan is always lurking to get you to stray from the path and pull you under. Luckily, we have repentance.
This last week was miserably cold. And I hear it will get soo much worse. There were days that I didn´t want to leave the house because of the cold. June and July will be the worse months I´m told. They say the wind will burn my face if I don´t use a scarf. Pray for me...
I love this area and it´s a good thing cause I get it for at least another 6 weeks! Which is a good thing. I have many things that I want to see in this area before they pull me out. I need at least 6 weeks. We´ll see. But this area is amazing and the people that I´m meeting are amazing also. I´m loving life here...at least when it´s not pday. The only good thing about pday is emails. Other wise I´ll just continue to work.
I feel like I´m talking about nothing and so please excuse me.
I don´t know if I every mentioned my new house. I know that I said we moved but this new house has 3 walls that are bubble-gum pink. Wow. The owner was looking to buy butterflies to put on the wall also. With luck she had no luck. Lol! The best thing about it is that this area has great potential to become an area of elders because of the size and the favelas. This is the biggest area for sisters and is the closest thing to being interior that the sisters get. We aren´t allowed to walk around much at night and have to ride the bus alot so it´s just a matter of time before the elders come in. They will love that house. I´m sure of it. Lol!
So, if you didn´t know already you will know now. I have rough-farmer-boy hands. (Thanks, Dad) (JK, I was born with them) Here in the mission field I´m constantly shaking peoples hands. Well one day I greeted an elder and he said something about the Scottish Games. Eh? He asked me if I chucked the tree trunks in the games before my mission. He was on splits but he said that his companion said I´m Scottish and probably did before the mission cause I´m strong and have man hands...Lol! And my old companion Sister Da Silva always called me "Granny Hands" Life is good when you´re loved.
I can´t think of anything else to say. I´m still waiting for my shower to be fixed. I´ve been taking cold showers for the last 2 weeks. Brrrr! Maybe someday soon.
I love this work so much. I love the people here and I love having the opportunity to watch them make changes in their lives that will change their lives completely. I know that this Church is true. I´ve heard before that this church has to be true because the mission work is in the hands of a bunch of imature adults that hardly know what they are doing. I´ve been converted on that theory. Most of the time I am lost in this work and the only thing that I know is my name. But I know that God is in this work. I know that if I am trying and giving it my best even if my best is 0.0001% of what needs to be done the difference will be made up and the 100% that needs to be completed will be. The more we try to be successful in life alone, the more alone we will be. We have to rely on Our Heavenly Father. Use faith and trust and don´t rely on your own intelligence. You´ll end up at your destination 1 hour late and $10 poorer. I love you all soo much and I hope you have an excellent week.
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment