So, this is the last letter that you will be getting from me before you see my pretty face again! Time has flied!
I don´t know what I want to write today…let´s just do everything normal…
This week was good. I had an interview with President Jackson last week. No worries…nothing about marriage or anything outside of missionary work. I know that he is inspired! Lol! Sister Fonseca and I wanted to visit a member that was in the hospital and I couldn´t until I had ID and my ID was in the Mission Office so we asked President Jackson to give us a car ride to get there. That was fun and a whole different way to travel here in Brazil. I never want to go back to the bus or train…which didn´t last long as we had to catch the bus to get back home. Lol!
The work is continuing and our investigators are progressing and we are seeing more blessings everyday in our lives and in the lives of the members and investigators. I love to see all of these miracles and I pray that I can always be able to see them in my life. The last baptism that I had was a kid named Henrique. It is great to see the changes that he has made in his life. He´s already making plans to serve a mission and he is doing home teaching already. We passed by his house to see how the visits went and it was fun to here his “mini-mission” stories.
We had a rain storm that was pretty furious yesterday. There was even hail that fell. Here in Brasil you can tell when it will hail because the air gets really thick and really hot. That is what happened yesterday. We left lunch and it was suffocating how hot is was. Not 10 minutes afterwards Sister Fonseca and I was pinned against a wall with our umbrellas out and beating on the door (or wall, we weren´t paying attention) until someone let us in. We entered into a Pizza house until all calmed down again. It was pretty fun to laugh over. The storm lasted maybe 10 minutes and then we continued on our way. It didn´t rain again until almost 10 pm. So it just made it lovely to sleep during the storm.
My shoes are almost all destroyed. I´m walking in what´s left of them. But I have enough parts of shoes that I can trade them out day to day and I should be able to finish my mission with shoes on my feet and hair on my head (which is something that quite a few missionaries can´t say) Lol!
I love Brasil!! I love this people! I will never forget these experiences. I love my home and family but it is so different here because the experiences are different from any that I have ever had. I´ve grown here in Brasil in the last 1 ½ years than I had grown back home in 21 years. I love these two places because of the different things that have happened but I think the homesickness that I will feel for Brasil will be something worse than I´ve fealt already because I don´t know when I will come back…But, life goes on… Be thankful for the blessing you have and for the time that you had them. I´m excited to see everyone again. I think it will be weird but in the mission field you learn to like weird. I look a lot the same but I´ve changed a lot. Hope that some of you still like me after you get to know me again. I love you all soo much! I hope that you all have an exellent week! I won´t get to write next week so take care and until we meet again! Lol!
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment