This week was good. Until now I´m still not completely broken...yet. Lol! Mom said something about how she will have a sign to say where she will be in the airport when I get home so that I can see where everyone is at. The one problem with that is that I will see you guys well but I think you guys won´t recognize me. "I don´t see her, there´s a fat kid with crappy hair in my way..." "Mom! It´s me!" Lol! I imagine it will be something like that. Lol! But if all else fails just look for my name tag. It should say SISTER MCCOLLAUM. If it doesn´t then it isn´t me...wait a little longer. They may bring me out in a wheelchair. Just Kidding. I´m healthy, happy, still have hair, not too chubby, and I´m using sunblock so I´m not even very burned!
The work is going on. I´m loving it and continuing to work hard. I love teaching! The best thing for a missionary to do is sit and teach all day long. (That´s how you know if they were a good missionary...If they gained weight:good missionary; if they lost weight:unproductive missionary...) I´m a good missionary ;) But life is so much better when you are teaching. I have some pretty good plans for teaching this week. If they don´t let me in their house I will teach them on their streets! Ha!
So Sister Fonseca and I fought one night. Generally at night we let out all of our frustration and smack, bite, hit, and through water at each other before we go to bed, (all in good humor) but one night it didn´t seem to be enough. I woke up in the middle of the night at almost the exact same time as she did. We just looked at each other and she smacked me and I smacked her then she smacked me again and I smacked again then she did again and I reached over and grabbed her nose and she smacked me one last time and we rolled over laughing to go to sleep. We almost didn´t remember in the morning and I would have thought it was a dream if she hadn´t remembered it also. Lol! We had a good laugh about that. As for our companionship, it great and I´ve loved being her companion. I´ve never had a better friendship with one of my companions until her. Lol! I´ll wrap her up and take her home to show you guys. You´ll love her!
Brasil has lots of surprises. I´m still learning some of them here at the end... I´m loving life and I will make the most of these next few weeks. I´ve never been happier! And I hope that it just keeps getting better! The oppurtunity to Serve the Lord with all you heart, might, mind and strength is very satisfying. Oh how I would love to start my mission again with the knowledge that I have here at the end. The knowledge that I have still is nothing but I think that my desire to serve has grown...or I´m just understanding it better. (Don´t worry mom...President Jackson won´t let me extend my mission any longer than I already have) It seems that even if you don´t get sick of the mission the mission gets sick of you and they boot you out the door with out the least bit of delicacy... The only think you guys need to worry about is my landing. Lol! I hope your arms are open wide enough to catch me! And that you´ve been lifting weights because it could be a nasty surprise that ends up at the chiropractor if you haven´t been. Lol! JK.
I love you guys lots and lots and I hope that your week is a good one. Take care, be safe, have fun.
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment