Lol! This week was good. We got a lot of rain and with alot of luck and blessings we were always in someone´s house when it started and it always finished before we left. Yesterday wasn´t that type of day. We went to lunch and afterwards gave a message and then the rain started. Alright...bring it on... I was in my shoes that are almost completely broken. Ya know how when you have closed-toes shoes that you shouldn´t be able to see your toes? That isn´t the case with these anymore. Dansko was a good idea and it lasted for over a year but I´m thinking that it is almost time to retire them. The only problem is that I have 3 other pairs of shoes. One is falling apart at the heel, another on the side, which leaves only one pair of good shoes. I´m trying to save them for special occasions so that I don´t look completely gruffy. Lol! Oh well, I will throw them all out here in a couple months all the same. It´s sad when you are coming to the end of your mission. People seem to forget about you and just start calling your belongings. "I get this!" "I want that!" "Sister McCollaum, when you die in the mission will you give me your -----?" Hmmm....
Wahoo! An Irmâ in my ward made pumpkin pie! Oh how life was good. I got to celebrate a little of Thanksgiving yesterday. I´m looking forward to the day when I can taste pecan pie again. And thinking of food during the holidays, if you guys would buy eggnog and put it in the freezer for me when I get home I would be happy. It´s been almost 2 years since I´ve tasted that delicious flavor. Lol! My companions want me to make an American dish for them to eat. I asked them if we could just go to McDonald´s. But it looks like I will be making pizza or something. I don´t know what to make. Hmm... maybe meatloaf. Lol!
Yeah....So I can´t think of anything else to say. Things are happeneing but they are things like teaching, proseliting, contacts...things normal for a mission. I´m writing in English but in my head I am speaking Portugues. Because this I´m taking forever to write. I think that if you want to talk to me after the mission you will have to practice alot, alot, alot of patience or else learn Portugues. I would suggest the second as it is a beautiful language and you will be ahead of the crowd knowing 2 languages. As for this telephone call at Christmas, I will have my companion translate because even though she is Brazilian she speaks better English than I do.
Maybe I can convice Mom and Dad that they should move to Brazil. I saw a house for sell the other day. I was pretty close to the church too. Maybe 10 minutes walking. Brazil has high humididty and lots and lots of fruits and the people are really accepting and they love anyone that has blue eyes. I also know a member that will be selling his apartment really soon. Just say the word and I´m on it. I have complete confidence that he would hold out until February to sell to us. That way we can be one happy family in Brazil!!
Love you all lots and lots and I hope you have a great week and stay safe in the snow. Play lots and take care.
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment