The most beautiful house in
South America
Me, Sister Fonesca (companion),
Sister Alcantara, Sister Almancio
in front of temple
My kids. I trained them and now we all
live together. Lol!
Sister Fonesca, Me, Sister Amancio
Hey there!
So I am sending pictures!! Wow! Finally! I know that it has been a really long time because the last ones I sent were when I was in the CTM... So at this rate, these will be the last that you get until you can see my pretty little face again! Lol!
Life is good. I´m cooking here in Brasil. The tempurature has really gotten hot. But with that there is always more people on the street to talk to. Wahoo! And with that there is more alcohol in the people so we don´t like to talk to them. Hmmm... But, we are still talking with lots and lots of people. I like this place during the summer. Everyone comes to life again. And I think that the sun help to get everyone out of their winter depression. That helps us becuase they are willing to stop and listen to 2 girls in the street. We did divisions with an Irmã in the ward and we had such great luck with her when we did contacts. It was fun because she served a mission a few years ago (almost 10) and I challenged her to make a street contact and she was so funny! She stuttered through the whole thing and in the end I teased her about how I should be the one having problems with speaking the language not her. By the end of the night she making contacts like a pro. It was fun and she laughed alot. Hopefully not she will let us teach her friends. Lol!
This is a new technique we are using. We will ask to teach the members friends and when they say now we ask them to make visits with us. Then they realize that if we don´t have anyone to teach we walk around trying to find people to teach. They have pity for us and then they take us to someones house to get to know them. I´m hoping that this will be somthing to help us out alot.
So thanksgiving can and passed by. Oh how TG is so much better in the US. Our lunch appointment had forgotten that we would be eating with her and she had only made ramen noodles. Lol! But she through stuff together real quick and our lunch wasn´t too bad. So we decided to make TG dinner in our apartment that night. As you can see we are poor and without time or patience. We only had onion rings, cake-bread, cheesecake, and maracujá juice. Woo Woo! Life couldn´t be better! Lol! So we had fun, took pictures, ate and went to bed to get up and work the next day. Ha! Oh, how holidays have changed here in the mission.
Every Sunday night we have a FHE night at church. Last night there weren´t too many people that showed up so Bishop said that we could use his office as it is the only room in the chapel with AC. (this room is half the size of the Bishop´s office in our ward) We all entered in there and took more chairs so that everyone could sit down. When we all got situated and were closing the door another family of 4 showed up. We got more chairs and piled them in also. It was a really great lesson and we ate popcorn afterwards. It was great. Our ward is really growing with the Mission work. We still have a few families that need to increase the spirit but all in all this ward is growing incredibly. I love it!
I don´t have much more to talk about. I hope everyone is great. I now my emails are short lately but a picture is worth 1,000 words. And now you have 5! Lol! I love you! Take Care!
Love,
Shelle
So I am sending pictures!! Wow! Finally! I know that it has been a really long time because the last ones I sent were when I was in the CTM... So at this rate, these will be the last that you get until you can see my pretty little face again! Lol!
Life is good. I´m cooking here in Brasil. The tempurature has really gotten hot. But with that there is always more people on the street to talk to. Wahoo! And with that there is more alcohol in the people so we don´t like to talk to them. Hmmm... But, we are still talking with lots and lots of people. I like this place during the summer. Everyone comes to life again. And I think that the sun help to get everyone out of their winter depression. That helps us becuase they are willing to stop and listen to 2 girls in the street. We did divisions with an Irmã in the ward and we had such great luck with her when we did contacts. It was fun because she served a mission a few years ago (almost 10) and I challenged her to make a street contact and she was so funny! She stuttered through the whole thing and in the end I teased her about how I should be the one having problems with speaking the language not her. By the end of the night she making contacts like a pro. It was fun and she laughed alot. Hopefully not she will let us teach her friends. Lol!
This is a new technique we are using. We will ask to teach the members friends and when they say now we ask them to make visits with us. Then they realize that if we don´t have anyone to teach we walk around trying to find people to teach. They have pity for us and then they take us to someones house to get to know them. I´m hoping that this will be somthing to help us out alot.
So thanksgiving can and passed by. Oh how TG is so much better in the US. Our lunch appointment had forgotten that we would be eating with her and she had only made ramen noodles. Lol! But she through stuff together real quick and our lunch wasn´t too bad. So we decided to make TG dinner in our apartment that night. As you can see we are poor and without time or patience. We only had onion rings, cake-bread, cheesecake, and maracujá juice. Woo Woo! Life couldn´t be better! Lol! So we had fun, took pictures, ate and went to bed to get up and work the next day. Ha! Oh, how holidays have changed here in the mission.
Every Sunday night we have a FHE night at church. Last night there weren´t too many people that showed up so Bishop said that we could use his office as it is the only room in the chapel with AC. (this room is half the size of the Bishop´s office in our ward) We all entered in there and took more chairs so that everyone could sit down. When we all got situated and were closing the door another family of 4 showed up. We got more chairs and piled them in also. It was a really great lesson and we ate popcorn afterwards. It was great. Our ward is really growing with the Mission work. We still have a few families that need to increase the spirit but all in all this ward is growing incredibly. I love it!
I don´t have much more to talk about. I hope everyone is great. I now my emails are short lately but a picture is worth 1,000 words. And now you have 5! Lol! I love you! Take Care!
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment