So this area is turning out to be really great. Even though it´s like any other area where many, many, many appointments fall through, I´m still very excited for everything. I don´t even know what everthing is but I know that I´m excited for it. This week we bought around 4 churros, 2 ice creams and 2 hot dogs because of appointments that fell through. When 3 in a row fall through we bought something to eat. We don´t buy anything on Sunday so that left 6 days with 8 things that we bought. But looking back at the week we were still laughing and working and finding someone to teach. The life of a missionary can be pretty miserable when there is no one to teach so the recipe to stay happy is find someone and teach them something that will help them. I´ve changed my way to talk to people from "Should I talk to this person or no?" to "I will talk to this person. What do they need to hear today?" Sometimes inspiration doesn´t come and you walk away thinking "Well that was different," but many times you end up teaching something that you will learn from also. The secret is to open your mouth.
I´ve been in this area for 2 weeks now and I haven´t even seen Bishop yet. He is a very difficult man to find. Even on the phone. I asked his wife if it would be possible that I could call and talk to him about our goals for Baptism this month and she said, "Good Luck, if you can talk to him I´ll buy ya dinner." She isn´t buying me dinner this week. Lol!
The weather has been lovely and hot these last few days. I´ve been using Sunblock and being smart and just soaking in the lovely hot sun. But as all good things do, it´s coming to an end. The wind is picking up and I have to use a sweater today. My companion is happy. I work better in the heat. The cold weather hurts all the way to the bone. The heat just leaves me sweaty. Maybe the members will complain about me but I like the heat! So I will have this cold spell for a while but spring is coming up. Wahoo!
So my ward talked about the mission fund this Sunday. It was really good. I wanted to help and almost gave my mesada to my companion to help in the work. Good thing I didn´t cause I had to buy food today. But now the ward is really wanting to help out and give great big lunches to us. I won´t complain but my skirts will. The good thing about skirts is that you can wear them a little higher and they still fit. As long as they cover my knees I´m still abiding by the rules. Lol! One thing that I am sick of is chicken. I have only had one meal without chicken in the last 2 weeks. That was yesterday and I prayed that it wouldn´t be. I know He hears and answers the prayers of His missionaries. I don´t even like chicken anymore. I´m also getting a little worried about any type of meat that I eat. I think that I will have to raise all the food that I eat because after some of the stories that I´ve heard here I will never know exactly what I will eat when I buy it in the supermarket. Shudder.
I hope that everyone is likeing being back so school and working hard. I love you all alot and hope you have an excellent week. Take care.
Love,
Shelle
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment