So, I had my farewell to the warm weather for now. It´s gone and the only outlook for this week is cold and wet. But there is so much polution in this city that I can´t complain about the weather. It will help to take out the smog. All I have to do is pull out the cold-weather-clothes.
It was my companions birthday this week. We surprised her with a party after working hard and almost completely ignoring her birthday. Lol! She is so sweet she wouldn´t say a thing about how we weren´t doing anything special for her on her birthday but she cried when we threw a party for her. Lol! Needless to say, after this last week, my skirts are still a little bit tight on me. Lol! But the great news is that of the 3 other people that I live with, I´ve talked them in to at least one of them running with me every morning! Man, I´m out of shape! My lungs feel like they will explode every morning which has something to do with the fact that I´ve not run since I left the MTC and alot to do with the fact that I live in São Paulo and I breath this air. Everyone that is born here has asthma or some type of respiratory problem just because of the air.
Tomorrow, September 7, is Independence day here in Brasil. Man, I miss the good ol´ USA. No one here has pride for thier country unless there is a soccer game involved. Every one love being Brasilian but they don´t do anything out of the ordinary for Independence day. I will be wearing a green or yellow shirt. As a missionary I have to stay on the down-low so I can´t paint my cheeks or anything like that. Ah-well, life goes on.
I know that this work is totally run and inspired by the Lord. He´s amazing and He will always bless those who are obedient. Satan tries to take away the influence of the Holy Ghost by tempting us to be disobedient and that´s how is all starts. I know that it is very, very, very important to stay happy and work hard and always try to have the spirit with us. If we are doing things that are good and trying to be worthy of the spirit I know that we can trust in our thoughts and actions because they will be in line with the will of our Heavenly Father.
I love you all lots and lots and hope that you have an excellent week!
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment