Oi all! Hope everyone is great! Thanks for your love and
support!
I just want to tell you a little about my past Saturday. It started with me waking up and doing everything
normal but 8:57 we left the house to get our hair cut.
(It was the only day we could do this) By 9:23 we were
back in the house and I was wondering what was
going through my head to make me want to get myWe had two people that were planning to give
hair cut by a Brasilian. In all actuality I just wanted a
trim but I got a cut. It took her longer to wash my
hair than to cut it. Lol! Life goes on right?
After that I went to make copies for the English class I would give later that day. I was in a rush
cause I was running late and I left without paying
the guy and he didn´t say anthing. I didn´t realize
it until I went to buy tape at another place and
didn´t have my money. So I went to my English
class and that was an expirience that can only get
better with time. But I went back after the class
and paid the guy so all is well.
lessons with us and both of them fell through.
As did all of ourappointments. All is well, we
found one of our investigator families at home
and decided to visit them. We started our
lesson and we were going to talk about the
Plan of Salvation. Then the rain started. We
were shouting to be heard which wasn´t
really inviting the spirit and I wasn´t
sure what to do. Then the neighbor came
in and said that the corridor was flooding.
So we went out to look and sure enough, it
looked like their house was going to flood.
Huh, well...Let´s pray...It was amazing,
Sister Da Silva prayed and asked that their
house be safe and nothing happen to it. I
though she was crazy to ask for that as the
other house had already started flooding.
By the time the prayer ended our way to
leave was flooded with water close to knee
high. We decided to stay and get buckets
to help get rid of the water. Close to 15
minutes later the water started to lower
and so we could think again. Amazingly
enough, our investigators house was fine.
Just enough water entered to mop the floor
a bit. Her neighbors house flooded close to
8 inches. Man I felt like a war victim walking
out of there. There were tons of people that
had come to watch and me and my comp
were walking out of there looking like
drowned rats I´m sure. Lol! But it was all good
and I think the family is a little more excited
about hearing our message after we helped
them. (The dad couldn´t do much cause he
had shoulder surgery recently.)
Anyways, It was a fun day. Broke up the monotony and that was the closest I´ve
come to swimming in the last 5 months
so it was good. Lol!
Other than that I´m healthy and happy and the language is still coming along. My companion
wants to make a dictionary of all the words that
I make up trying to sound like I know Portuguese.
It´s a little pathetic. Lol!
I hope everyone is liking school and work again after the Holidays and I hope you all
aren´t freezing to death. I´m sweating off all
the weight that I gained this winter. Either
that or I´ve got a worm. Only time will tell. Lol!
Love you all lots and lots! Peace out.Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment