Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Years!

I´m sure that everyone had a great and excited New Year´s 
Celebration! MJ and HE even beat mine with there quiet
movie night. I was in bed asleep by a little after 10:30 only
to be woken up at midnight by fireworks going off right
outside my window. I found out that night that I can keep
my calm in the middle of a bombing raid and fall back
asleep within 5 minutes. My companions weren´t so lucky.
I guess the fireworks were pretty bad for about 30 minutes
or so. I´ve been blessed to be able to sleep through anything...
especially since my companion snores. Lol
The partying for the New Year was the next day. Our
Pday was moved to Friday so we had a bbq and played soccer
which was lots of fun. Maybe when I come home I´ll have
learned some sweet foot work skills. I´m begining to
realize how fat and out of shape I´m getting. Yoga just
doesn´t do the same thing as running does. Lol! But my
companion said that she will run with me in the mornings
if we starts slow. Starting tomorrow we´re going to try to
loose our round shapes and get healthier shapes.

We got to go to the temple today. It was great. We weren´t
suppose to get to go until next transfer but because Sister
Pradera can go once a month but she can´t go by herself
we got to go along with her. But the thing is she and Sister
Vieira got transfered yesterday. So we sent our pleas to
President and he said we could go too. So we went and
had a marvelous time. We had to wake up at 5 am to get
there on time but all is well and we made it there and back
safe and without getting lost once.

Up until now I have gone through 6 companions and I´m
on my 7th in only 5 months. That sounds a little bad but
I´ve had one trio and one quartet. Ever heard of a quartet
before? Usually they would split them up into 2
companionships but we were a quartet. Kinda fun. But
now I´m just with the one sister. Sister Da Silva from
Rariama. I don´t think I spelled it right. She reminds me
of Becky cause she´s always cold. She used to live just a
little bit above the equator so she´s used to 40+ celcius...
whatever that is...

Our shower head has been in the process of breaking
for the past 2 weeks. You can adjust the temperature
by moving a little nob on the side. Sometimes the hot
water would stop so I would move the little nob and it
would work again. My companions weren´t so smart
as me. I didn´t realize it until it was too late. In the
mornings I always heard someone hammering and I
figured that someone was working on a house nearby.
Then one morning I realized the hammering only started
when one of my comps was taking a shower. Turns out
they were hitting the shower head with a brush everytime
the heat went out. Lol! But that didn´t work so they always
just took a cold shower. Then it broke. I asked why they
didn´t just wiggle the nob like a normal person and then
we measured how high they could reach and I´ve got a
good hand-span on all of them. Lol! But we gave the elders
a service project so it all turned out good with us having a
warm shower until this morning when I was taking a
shower and the power went out so I had to finish with
the icy water again.

I hope that everyone has started off the New Year well
and everyone enjoyed their break from working. Take
care and have fun. I miss you all and love you all lots and lots!

Love,
Shelle

No comments:

Post a Comment