I don´t know why that song is in my head but alas...I saw a monkey the other day. It was on a leash and about the size of a large rat. I got to pet him and I didn´t even suffer a bite or monkey poop being thrown on me!!
This week was really great. I love working! We got lost a couple times but in the time that we were lost we found alot of people that are looking for the Gospel. It just goes to show that when you let the Spirit guide you even when you don´t know what you are doing or where you are going that you will find yourself in the right place at the right time. You just have to open your mouth to find out wherre you are and why you are there. I love it!
Woo Woo! Last week I had all sorts of plans to make cinamin rolls or orange rolls but then I heard that we would have a pday where Sister Jackson would teach us out to make cinamon rolls. Woo Woo! I don´t have to try to teach myself but I can just go and have all the ingridients at my fingertips and throw it all together and know that the end product will be something very yummy because I will have the teacher there making sure I do everything right. Much better than one American and 3 Brasilians making a mess in the kitchen apartment to eat a sticky-gooey mess. Lol!
We are teaching a family that is incredible. I´m very excited for them. They are liking the doctrine and we taught them Word of Wisdom and they´ve made goals to obey it. They have 2 birthdays that are coming up and they already made plans to have a bbq and Manuel (the dad) will tell everyone that this will be a party without alcohol! He said he won´t buy any and if someone offers he won´t drink it. Yeah! They are really great but we have a small problem with them. They don´t want to go to church. They aren´t lazy, no, no. They went one time already but we didn´t see them. We have to wards that frequent our Chapel and the other one has members that are a little strange. The problem is that when they got there Sister Machado and I were already in the Sacrament and they wanted to enter and someone from the other ward saw them and wanted them to stay in their ward. He started to talk about how we were steeling the missionaries sheep in his ward and how we shouldn´t have been teaching that family and that they lived in his area...yada yada yada....Long story short, they are having difficulties wanted to go back. Uh...What do you say to them when they say they didn´t like church? Answer: Take the Bishop´s 1st counselor and his wife to meet them. Bishop works during the week so he is a little more tricky but luckily we have a ready and willing couple to fellowship them and keep Irmão Roni (the greeter at church) a good distance from them. Lol!
I read in 1 Cor 9: 19-22 (or something like that) that we have to move ourselves to teach our investidators. This generally works. I found, however, a situation where it doesn´t work at all. When someone is hard-headed and deaf. It doesn´t work to turn yourself into someone heard-headed and deaf also. Much more tricky than that. Chapter 13 talks about Charity. That´s where the real secret is found.
I love this work and I love change. This is something incredible that I can never describe everything that is happening and how I´m changing and learning more to love my neighbor and in turn love the Lord. I´m incredible grateful and in debt to Him and to all the people in my life that have helped me to move. You may never realize it but everyone that I know has helped to shape me into who I am today. Thanks.
Love you all!
love,
shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment