Conference was incredible!! As always. I enjoyed actually getting to watch it this time! I didn´t even complain in the slightest that it was all in another language except for the closing prayer in the 4th session, woops! Fortunately I have enough expirience with the language that I understood completely everything they were saying unlike poor Elder Halloway that in very new in the mission and left every session with a headache and high hopes for one session to be completely in English. It was only hopes though as he had to watch all in Portuguese. He´ll be blesses for his efforts. Lol! But I´m telling ya right now...Mom, Dad, I want tickets to the next Conference as close to the front as I can get them. You can talk to Bishop now to get him on that. One of the days I want to be at home eating 7-layer-bean-dip with my family and the other I want to be sitting on the nice cushy seats in the Conference Center soaking it all in. But if all else fails, two days sitting at home eating bean dip with the family isn´t a bad trade. Lol!
The rain is keeping up a steady pattern. When I leave the house without an umbrella the rain starts. When I have an umbrella I just carry it with me all day. Jk. I´ve bought a big umbrella that folds up real small so I always have it with me because it´s convinient and even more convinient when it starts to rain. My companion is more afraid of lightening and thunder than Sophie and one of the Sisters I live with almost all-out decided not to work one day when the thunder was exceptionally loud. Sister Amancio and I on the other hand are loving this time of the year. I think it´s alot better to sleep when you have rain and thunder---only to a certain extent. I guess it is alot more common for people to die here because of lightening because they don´t have the nifty lightening-suckers on the tops of the houses. No worries, my apartment has one. The bad news is that if I get transfered any house probably wont have one. Good thing we´re in the street most of the time anyway. Lol!
My shoes have taken a long run but they are to the breaking point. I´ve through out one pair already. Another is getting close. Another is talking to me with a wide-gaping mouth. Another, after sending her to the doctor two times already, have split open across the balls of my feet. And the flimsy gelly shoes that I bought here for ~$6 are top of the line and whole. My feet just get completely dirty when I use them. I look like a little kid without a home when I use them. Lol! But with all of these infirmaties that my shoes have I am using them all untill they turn to dust. Literally.
Elder Dallin H. Oaks is coming to our mission October 28th. Wahoo!! My companion told me that I had to finally do something about my hair because I couldn´t say hi to an Apostle looking like this. Lol! The other two sisters agreed and so we bought crap to put in my hair. I used it today. Wow! I don´t know if that is the effect they wanted but I´m happy! My hair is twice the size it used to be. I´ve got a fro again. Lol!
That´s all that I can think of for now. I hope that everyone enjoyed Conference like I did. I´m excited to take President Monson´s advice and apply all this to my life. I´ve already started and I already and seeing a difference. Love you all more than I love eggnog! Take care.
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment