First of all, pudding here in Brasil is much, much better than in the US. The other stuff just doesn´t have a chance.
As some of you may have heard, United States lost in their recent match with Ghana this past Saturday. 2-1. Even the overtime didn´t do it for them. Don´t misunderstand me...I did not watch the game. I had my informers. This means that US is out and I don´t have a chance to watch the final game for the Cup. But what can ya do, when there is souls to save a silly game of soccer doesn´t mean anything. Like Brasilian pudding and American Pudding, there´s no question to what´s better! (Even if the World cup only happens every 4 years...)
One of my favorite things about missionary work is when you just get accostumed to passing peoples houses and no one is ever in their house and no one will ever give you the time of day and then you go to that one house that unexpectedly someone answers the door. Okay, not incredible abnormal but then after you say who you are and why you are there and ask if you can go in the say, "yes." This happened the other day to Sister Da Silva and I only better!! We were knocking doors and a lady opened the door and before we could even say who we were she told us to come in. As the lady turned her back to us and started entering the house Sister Da Silva turned to me and mouthed "E agora?" (What now) It was so unexpected that we almost forgot to enter the house. We ran up the steps and entered her house. It was good. We talked with her and got to know her and taught her about the Restoration. We marked another day to go back and teach some more and when we went back she wasn´t there. We passed her house several times and never saw her again. Lol! Moral of the story, I know that God is in this work and that he wants to keep us on our toes because when we least expect it someone elate could be in our front. Everything in our lives is a preperation for what we are going to have to face next. You can bet that Sister Da Silva and I are a heck-of-alot better prepared for anything that could happen. Bring it on!! (Said very humble and relying completely on the Lord)
Maybe you have noticed with the pictures that I´ve sent home but I´m only doing my hair curly. It´s getting some pretty rockin´ curls going on. Friday I decided to give it a trim so when it´s a little shorter it is a little curlier and a little more like a fro. We had a ward party Saturday and there was a guy there drawing cartoons of families. Sister Da Silva and I took our turn to have our family portrait done (Just us) Lol! You could tell what he was drawing by where he was looking, right? Ex: looking at your ears when he draws your ears, nose when it´s your nose´s turn, etc... I was laughing and throughing out coments like, "Don´t make me too fat!", "Remember the mole on Sister Da Silva´s chin!", "Cut out a few of my wrinkles, please!" Then I noticed that he had moved to my hair. Holy crap I never saw a hand moving all over a paper like his hand was doing. All I had pictured in my head was Mad-Madam-Mim. It turned out really cool though. Lol! I´ll send photos soon.
The work is great and I love my life. I´m soo happy and I´m learning soo much. I love it!!!
Love you guys lots and thanks for the support.
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment