I don´t know if I mentioned already or not. I´m in the city again. I´m only 20 minutes from the cheapest stores to buy clothing in Brasil and I can´t visit cause it is about 15 minutes outside of the mission barriers. That´s alright with me but it means that I am completely and totally submerged in city...or so I thought. The other day we were walking along headed to a recent convert´s house. We saw a girl crying on the side of the road so we stopped and started to talk to her. I didn´t know what to say, all I knew is that I wanted her to stop crying (I´m not real good with tears). I was looking around for any type of hint for what I could talk about. Desperately looking at the stop light and city traffic, BAM, there it was. My miracle to make her laugh. A cow was walking down the street. He was headed for the church and so I took the opportunity to invite her to the church. Just head in the same direction as the cow and you will eventually run into the church. She laughed, we laughed, we all went home happy.
Sister Da Silva made eggs for breakfast one day. She said that we would need to buy more eggs because one of them was broken so we only had one more. I was cleaning up after we ate and I saw the egg and that it was broken. I even tried to move it and it was stuck to the sides like they do when the break in the crate. Ok. I just put it back in the fridge. The next day we wanted crepes. I was mixing the items together and I remember that we only had one egg. I went to get the eggs and poof! she was healed!!! There was a slight crack like a scar but the egg was whose and wasn´t even sticking to the sides of the crate. I called Da Silva to come and look. We took a picture of it that we will print to put on our desk and help us remember that miracles are real. God blesses His poor missionaries. I know!
Poor missionaries that aren´t being fed properly by the ward. Having to buy food to keep in the house which is a first expirience for me. Our fridge has food in it which never happens (crappy food, but all the same, food). But now our wallets are empty which should never happen also. After visiting the same recent convert with the event of the cow (but a different day) we were walking on the street that was completely empty and late at night. Sister Da Silva suddenly stopped and I thought she died cause she almost collapsed to the grounds. When she came back up she had two 20 reis in her hand. Wahoo! We looked around to see if anyone was there, waited for a little bit and then after decided that there was no other choice than to leave the money on the ground and continue we counted our blessings and bought groceries for the week.
Now that I´ve given a few examples of miracles I would remind you that miracles do not proceed the faith. You have to have faith and act continually. The miracles will come in God´s time. When he knows that you need it for a righteous desire He will bless you with what you need, not what you want. I´m still waiting for this miracle of the World Cup. USA vs. Brasil in the championship. I don´t know if I need it or want it. I guess we´ll find out here in a few weeks. Lol!
Brasil is completely crazy with the World Cup. Half an hour before the game started there were 3 kids that drove there motorcylces all over the town with flags tied around their necks and noise makers in their mouths to alert everyone of the game starting up soon. Fireworks in every neighorhood, Parties at every bar, Flags painted on cars, streets, faces, yellow and green streamed across all the streets, missionaries in their houses trying to study, and a big screen tv was upstairs with and invatation for popcorn and soccer. Oh tempations... But will power defeated. I still have yet to watch a game of the world cup.
I love you guys lots and lots! Have a great week!
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment