Monday, March 22, 2010

November Rain...Actually Março.

This week was good. I really enjoyed myself. Lol! I decided that instead of asking for patience and getting lots of trialsto increase my patience I should ask for humility and get lots of success to try my humility. Think it´ll work? Hmmm....All I know is that I´d better be humble or things could get sticky...Lol!
This area is awesome! I never do want to leave. The area is really big and I have been here since the begining of the year and have yet to see the whole thing. I don´t know that I ever will but I have goals to have at least one family night in all the areas that I haven´t been to yet. But that means that we have to go to some of the areas with nothing to do but make contacts in the street. Then try and find a family that is willing to invite us back for another visit. My plans are to go there on a day with alot of rain and not take an umbrella so that some kind family will take pity on us and invite us in so that we can leave a message with the family. I just have to sell my companion on this idea. She´s convinced it´s better to stay in the areas we are working in already. But she´s new, maybe one day we´ll just take the wrong bus and end up in an area we didn´t plan for. Lol!
So in the mission they have a joke about when you train someone. When you train someone you become a "mom" or "dad" and you have a "daughter" or "son." At first I was a little hesitant to take on training someone but then I thought about it for a bit. If I will be a new mom, I should loose my tummy right? At least 8 lbs of it... I guess mission life isn´t exactly the same as real life. My child arrived and my tummy didn´t go anywhere. Its sitting right here on my lap. Jk. It´s not that big. But it´s a good rest for my arms when I fold them. I hope that you guys never have to see me like this. I still have time to loose it. Lol
I´m getting to be one of the old people in the mission. I´m not old by any means but I´ve been here long enough that people know me and know my name now. Which is okay except when we have a multi-zone and they need "volunteers" to do practices. Then because the sister are always sitting in the front "oh, Sister McCllow, you can help us today." No choice, just do it. Even if you Portuguese is particularly horrible today. Ha, but what doesn´t kill you makes you stronger. If we don´t take care, I´ll come home tougher than dad. Jk. I´m loosing all sorts of muscles here so I won´t even try to challenge him. Maybe. I´ll work on it and I let you know in a few months. When I can do 100 push-ups or so...
I know this gospel is true. I know that this gospel is deep and that we can always learn something new. I´m realizing that the Book of Mormon is one big parable. You can read it and if you aren´t listening to the spirit you will walk away confused. But if you are listening to the spirit you will always learn at the level of understanding that you have. But you´ll never increase your understanding if you don´t take the time to understand the basics. God is soo good and he is smarter than many people give Him credit. His ways are better than our and we have to have faith and just do what he says when he says it. You can believe in Him all you want but you won´t have true faith until you act. And acting is hard without true faith. Don´t know if I´m making sence but I´d like to think that I am. I think that I´m loosing my capacity to comunicate. I only talk a little in Portuguese and even less in English now. But life goes on. Love you all lots and lots and always remember to pray and read and pray and pray some more.
Love
Shelle

No comments:

Post a Comment