Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It´s longer than last time...

Hello Everyone!

This week has been a week. Really it was
probably one of the more trying weeks of 
my mission. I never wanted to just stay 
in my bed so bad. But every time I left the 
house and started working things always 
got better. And now I´m back to being 
excited to leave the house and find the 
people to teach. This work just gets 
frustrating when you think no one is 
listening to you. But I realized maybe 
it was just my Portuguese and I talk to 
everyone anyways and just hope they get 
over my accent which most of them do but 
some of them don´t. 

I´m teaching a family that is really great.
I´ve been teaching them since the week I got 
here and I hope that it turns out well. But 
this last time I was there, there was a new 
person there and we were chatting after the 
lesson and she commented how is was a little 
difficult to understand everything I said. 
Then Silvana, the one I´ve been teaching from 
the beginning, said it was like that with her 
but now she´s gotten used to my funny accent. 
Lol! So I´m not getting better, people are 
just getting accustomed...sigh...ha

I met the new Elders that came into the area
after the old Elders left. I now am the only 
American in my District and I only have one 
other American in my Zone of 18 missionaries. 
I´ve yet to meet the other Elder that speaks 
English but I think that President Jackson is 
worried about my Portuguese. Lol! Jk. I must 
just be getting really proficient. Lol

When the old Elders left and the new ones arrived they switched houses also. They were living with a member. But we passed by that house with the new Elders to look around (us sisters might live there). The elders were out back in the house and we were in with the owner and her daughters heard the elders and asked their mom who was there. "The Elders," she said. They ran out to greet their long-lost-friends and when she saw two guys in missionary clothes but the wrong faces they came running back in a cried and cried. Lol! Oh, it was funny!

I´ve started tricking the members in our ward when they make visits with us. The day starts sunny and so they come without an umbrella. Then the rain comes and stays for the rest of the day. I always have one extra umbrella. I use the weak one and they get the strong, big one. They have to stay with us for the rest of the night or I will send them walking without an umbrella. Lol, we´ve been having problems with them saying they´ll stay with us until the end and then they take off after and hour or two. I´ve either solved the problem or made and even bigger problem. Maybe after one week people may out-smart me and just not make visits with us all together. Lol!
I´m going to finish this now. Sorry it´s not longer but we´re having a lightning storm and the power could bump any second. Yesterday we had strait thunder for more than 30 minutes. It was something else. Love you all lots and lots and I hope you´re happy and healthy!

Love,
Shelle

No comments:

Post a Comment