Monday, February 15, 2010

A Queda


It finally happened. I was walking down the street today with my district after a grueling game of soccer. We were headed to the terminal to get a bus and I was talking with Sister Freitas at the back of the group (luckily). I missjudged the height of the step in front of me and the group came flying up to me. I caught myself before I smacked flat on the ground but I made enough noise that the group in front of me all turned around to see what happened. My first fall in the mission. I didn´t think that it would happen but here it is after 6 months I´ve formally been introduced to the cement in Brasil. No worries. I still have tough hands from being a farmgirl and so I didn´t even get a scrape.
I met Luna Lovegood Brazilian style. It was the funniest thing ever. She reminds me of a mix between Luna Lovegood and the little witch in the Wee Free Men. And the best part is we get to visit again cause her mom marked another day to come back. She´s only 7 but very strange and confident and was chasing spiders by blowing them with a straw she had. Wow. Life would be interesting with her as your child.
Tomorrow is CARNIVAL!!! We get to make contacts will all the drunk people we want. No worries, I have my backpack loaded with all the "Palavras de Sabadoria" (Word of Wisdom) pamphlets the it can hold. I´m ready and willing. Bring it on.
As it is Carnival, all the youth in the stake are having a camp that started Saturday and will go until Wednesday. Sacrament Meeting was interesting.
8:53 am--"Sister Da Silva, no one is here!"
"Sister McCollu, I think we´ll have more investigators here than members."
9:03 am--"Yes! 4 investigators and 7 members. This day is starting great! No Bishop, I haven´t learned to play the piano yet."
9:15 am--Church started and relief fell on the faces off all the Bishopric when the people giving talks walked in and sat on the stand.
9:23 am--Basically everyone that was coming was there.
--The amazing thing is that on the way to church me and S. Da Silva guessed for how many people would be in church. I said 63, she said 40. As we were walking up to the church we saw the 1st counselor to the Bishop pull out in his car. I said, "okay only 62." S Da Silva said, "No, he´s going to get his family. 3 more people." Me--"Okay, 66." With man, woman, child, baby, and missionary, we managed to have a grand total of 67 people in the Chapel.
Thanks for all the support that everyone is giving me. I hope you are all well and healthy and happy and enjoying life in the States. Love you all lots and lots!
Love,
Shelle

No comments:

Post a Comment