Hello.
This week was another week in the life of my
mission. Lots of preaching, lots of eating,
lots of walking, lots of...i dunno. But the
time is picking up and not waiting for
anything. My days are blurring together and
I have felt like this past week was 3 really
long days with 2 really short nights. Its
good though. I like being busy rather than
not having anything to do.
Usually when we talk to people they always
ask why there is always one American with
one Brasilian. No worries, with 2 Americans
they still do that. I haven't ever been
mistaken for the Brasileira though. However,
someone thought that I was Japanese...That
was a little depressing. I speak English,
I'm trying to speak Portuguese, and the
people think I'm speaking Japanese....
What the heck?!?! Life goes on and on bad
days i buy ice cream so I'm good. My Wallet
is emptying though...Jk I'm a stingy sister.
lol
They fixed the bridge that I had to walk
over every day. After the flood it was really
bad. There was a part where you had to walk
on a thin board cause the rest of the boards
were loose but it has been repaired. I have
mixed feelings about that cause I thought it
would be a good break out of the monotony to
fall through a bridge. Its only like 15 feet
above water so it wouldn't have been anything
serious. Just a change;)
I'm pretty close to a professional weather
forecaster now. You're almost guaranteed to
have rain if I walk out of the house without
my umbrella and if I do have it there will
not be rain. I really don't mind except that
when it rains really good the sunblock that
I put on runs into my eyes and so everyone in
Parque Pinheiros gets to see one pathetic
Sister Missionary trudging through the rain,
squinting into the wind, and tears flying
from her eyes from the stupid sunscreen she
didn't need to wear that day... Bah!
I tried getting pictures on the computer to
send through email but the café I use doesn't
work so well and so Im sending them home
through snail-mail. Sorry bout that. Love
you guys lots and lots and lots! and thanks
for all the emails!
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment