Hello dear people!
Its been raining pretty crazy here. When it rains there is a good chance of the streets turning into rivers because of all the trash blocking the outlets or whatever they are but luckily I havent been out in one of those. I thought that it might happen this time cause it was crazy rainy but It didnt happen. I went to one of our investigators houses and she had made "bolo de chuva" (Rain Bread) It was delicious and Im going to make it with her sometime so that I can have the recipe and the knowledge to make it again later. Mmmm. Scrumpcious!
We had day-light-savings time. I didnt know about it until in the morning. I got up and did lazy stretch-excersises cause it was sunday and then my comp got in the shower when I normally did so I thought "o-well, Ill make breakfast" So I was started making breakfast and taking my time cause I wasnt going to be able to get in the shower for a while. Then my comp got out and I was still making breakfast (I struggle with cooking). She came into to kitchen and asked if I remembered it was day-light-savings. Bah! We had to leave the house in 20 minutes to get to church on time and I hadnt eaten or showered. I was amazingly fast and in 23 minutes I was showered, dressed, fed and out the door waiting for my comp to catch up. It probably helped that the power went out while I was straitening my hair so I just decided that it would be done. Lol! But we made it to church on time and I have my alarm changed and life is good.
There is a Sister in the ward that I think she thinks Im accident prone. Ive had a couple retard moments in front of her and now she is so funny cause if she feeds us she lets my comp carry her plate to and from the table but with me she will carry it and then one time I got to take it from the table again. We had had watermelon and I tried to throw the rine away but missed and hit the floor and she just laughed and took my plate from me. I guess Ive given her good reason to think Im a little incompetent. And then shes asked me to please be careful when I walk down the road cause shes seen me trip many times and she doesnt want me to die. Lol!
I tried doing my hair curly here. Everyone loves strait hair and they have loved that my hair was strait. Then I did it curly and everyone kept running there hands through it to try to straiten it out for me again. Lol! I think they thought it happened on accident but I really did want my hair curly. By the end of the day I fealt like an over-loved puppy dog cause everyone was petting my hair to straiten it. Funny people.
The language is still coming. Everyone tells me how good Im doing still. Dont know if they just feel bad that I struggle so much or if all the struggling is paying off...I sure hope its paying off.
I love you guys all soo much! I hope you are having fun and enjoying yourselves. Keep the emails coming cause I love em! Love you all lots and lots!
Love,
Shelle
Great idea Becky. Thanks!
ReplyDelete