Dearest Amigos...
Well the rain that didn't turn into
a flood last week was good. This
week however it rained, and rained,
and rained, and the floods came.
I ate lunch with some of my
district at a Sisters house close
to mine. When we left we ran to
our house to get our umbrellas
while a set of Elders and Sisters
started their journey for their
areas. We got a phone call after
a few minutes and it was the
Sisters we ate lunch with telling
us that the lower streets had
started flooding and they had to
wade across waist deep water.
It was our choice to go back out
or not but they advised us not to.
I was all for it but Sister
Wosnjuk decided we should stay
in the house. We live higher up
a hill so we were able to watch
what was going on below. It was
pretty bad. No one was hurt but
lots of houses flooded. The rain
continued into the night and the
next day the water marks on the
walls were over my head at some
parts. Others it was only around
my shoulders. No worries, I
missed all the excitement cause
I was safe and sound in my house
making goals and reading and
studying like a safe, cautious
missionary should. Lol! The
next day was a difficult cause
it wasn't as easy to be happy
and greet everyone cause what
do you say when this happens...
Me: "Hello, How are you?"
Person: "Oh, I lots all my
furniture and clothes, but
im still alive."
Me: "Uh...right...I'm a
missionary of the church of..."
(I translated for you guys;)
But we got lots of good
service in so that was a
change. It was crazy to
experience this though. Ive
only ever seen this on the
news and then here it was.
But I'm safe and sound. So
is everyone else here so no
worries.
The language is still coming
but I'm friendly enough with
some of the people that they
think its funny to talk
really fast with my/around
me and watch my face as I
try to keep up. They've got
my facial expressions down
now so that they can all
laugh in unison when
they've made certain that
I'm lost. Usually all I hear
anymore is my name and a
bunch of rubbish and then
everyone laughs. I know
enough that they are
talking about me. I hope
nothing too bad. JK I'm
sure its all in good fun.
Ok, I really hope its all
in good fun but how can I
be sure as I have no idea
what they are saying. But
i laugh with them so its
all good. And we get
along so I wouldn't call
it bullying either so no
worries about that either,
Mom. Lol
I sat in Primary to help
out this week. I don't
normally get headaches.
I felt like my head was
in a clamp by the end of
it. That was chaos... I
don't even know what else
to say...chaos...and I
never want to do that
again. I will if I need
to but Ill need to have
a coke or something to
bribe me. Lol.
For the sake of time on
P-day I will print all
the emails that I get and
take them home to read
them. So, if you have
questions you want
answered that day put
them at the front of
your letter and I will
read that much in the
shop and then know
what I need to reply.
Love you all lots and
lots and lots and I
enjoy all your letters!
Hearing about home
doesn't make me home
sick it helps so keep
it up, please!!
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment