E ai!
I´m glad to hear that you got Bonnie up to college safe and all. Did she end up taking a car or not? That´ll be a good experience for her and I hope she has lots and lots of fun.
I´m still speaking more English than Portuguese. Really by the looks I get when I think I´m speaking Port. I don´t think I´ve actually got any Port. coming out. But I´m still trying and making lots and lots of people laugh. I think God´s plan for my mission was to just come and give everyone a confidence boost because they know that they are at least not the worst person at speaking. Not only Portugues but English also. My English has been regressing to where I get lots of funny looks and have to use hand actions to explain myself then too. Well, if my purpose here is to make people feel better than I think I´m well on my way to serving the Lord to my fullest potential.
I´m still well known by the staff and my district takes advantage of it. Anytime they need anything anymore they just send me on errands and |´ll usually come back with something better. It definietly comes in handy when we need books that you can´t get anymore but because me and Paulo are friends (Paulo being the guy that distributes all the materials) I can get us not only grammer books, but mini-sized. JK. Everyone has them now but I was able to get them for us a few days early.
All of these random Brasilians all want pictures with the American sisters and so I feel like a celebrity here. They come up and ask for a picture with you and I would feel bad to decline so I get a picture with them. Then they want one with all your comps. Then they want one close up. And one far back. And one with other random Elders. We´ve decided we´re not going to Cake on Monday nights because that´s picture night and we get ambushed. So that should at least help the waist line some. Lol!
I just sent some pictures home through mail today. I figure you should get them around next Friday. That way if I mention someone you should be able to know who I´m talking about.
Well, I love you all lots and lots and I hope everything is going well for you! Paz e Amor
Love,
Shelle
No comments:
Post a Comment