Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cough, Cough

Oi Oi!!

It´s pouring incredible amounts of water right now!! I ran out and was in it for one picture and came back looking like I had just gotten out of the shower. Way fun! It started just after we got back inside from our P-day so that was awesome. Otherwise we would have been washed away down the river that used to be a street. I have pictures for you whenever I send some...Hopefully soon.

I went to the Dr. this last week. I´ve got a cold and there´s been a disease running rampant through our District so I figured I´d better stop it before it gets to the waking-up-with-your-eyes-pussed-shut level. Dr. Halls--who is like 90-years-old--asked me who was the cause of all this illness. I told Him that it was Elder Chrisney´s fault because he was the first one with any symptoms. Then Dr. Halls told me that I´m not allowed to kiss him anymore or else he´ll report us. Lol! He´s a crazy old man and his wife is right behind him. She goes out to do the "adopt a street" thing and she gets a knife out to scrape the gutters clean and sweeps everything really really well. She keeps it looking nice out there.

Classes are going well. I´m learning lots and lots. I´m teaching the first medium lesson this friday to some Brasileiros and they´ll record it and go over it with me to tell me what I did wrong and what I did good. That should be crappy cause I hate listening to my voice in English let alone when I´m stuttering through words in Portuguese. But it will be good practice so I´m looking forward to it.

I´ve gained give or take 5 lbs since I´ve been here but I´ve held it pretty close to that. Lol! The food isn´t that good but the candy is! I take it back...The Bread is really really delicious. And we have Cake and Chocolate milk every night so that doesn´t help anyone cause all we are doing all day long is sitting in a classroom reading and writing and learning.

I do play volleyball close to everyday during gym. That´s good and bad all in one. I'm the only sister that will play so it is me and a bunch of Elders and Elder Jeffrey from Delta has the same gym time as me so when you get both of us on opposite teams and both in the front middle at the same time it´s pathetic to watch. I did get a spike on one Elder though. That´s the only reason they still let me play I think cause occasionally I get a really great play where everyone is impressed. I do really miss our Brasileiros that we used to play with. They have all gone on to the mission now so we don´t get their entertainment anymore. They really were one of a kind and I'm sad that they are gone.

It´s really amazing how well me and Sister Yorgason get along. She is such a strait arrow that never breaks any of the rules and I´m always pushing things like going to the bathroom and leaving my companions in the classroom. The bathroom is like ten feet away but Sister Yorgason believes in this "Chain of Love" so that we can see each other. She´ll get up and go to the doorway and Sister Robins can stay in her chair and that way she can at least see the door of the bathroom wich is all you really need to see. We found a ginormous cockroach on the stairs(dead) and we took it to our room so we could tack a picture of it but she wouldn´t let us until today cause you can only take pictures on P-days! Lol! She´s a nut.

Well, I love you all very much and I love getting mail from you. I hope that everything is going well and if you´ve got any fun or boring to tell me just shoot me a letter!! Lots and Lots of Love!!!

Shelle

Ps.Remeber...I´m learning a new language so my spelling and grammer suck and even before that I was an art major...not and english major.

No comments:

Post a Comment