Monday, July 19, 2010

Ups and Downs of Taboão‏

The other day I was going to the mission office with my companion. We were walking along one of the busier highways of the city. I looked in front and I noticed a group of missionaries. 2 elders and 4 sisters. I looked and Sister Pradiera (old companion on her last transfer) was with them. A huge smile split on my face and then she noticed me and the same thing happened. Then automatically we started running at each other in the slow-motion-dramatic-reunion type of run. When we got to each other we hugged and just laughed because we were ridiculous. It couldn´t have been better had we planned it. Then when we remembered we were on a busy highway we got embarassed and left real quick. Lol!
I found my family but in reverse...almost. I have a family in my ward that has 7 kids. 6 boys and 1 girl. The girl is the youngest. Okay. So for those of you that thought that my family was alot of people in a little space I´ll fill you in on this family. One kitchen, one living room/dining room (small) 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom. When Sister Sales and I got to their door we knocked and I heard alot of noise and I thought maybe we had the wrong house (I didn´t know the size of thier family). It sounded like a soccer game was being played on the other side of the door. The door opened and there were 3 boys and Tania, their mother. We went in and sat down. Eventually all of the boys were there. Ah, it was awesome! I loved seeing all of them together. I will take a picture one day and send it home. We have stairs in our family with girls and they have it with boys. It´s great. Lol!
My companion and I are leaving the house early now. Around 9:30 we finish up and head out. We´re getting lots of time proselyting and I´m loving it!! The happiest time for a missionary is when they are working, no doubt about it. So, now when we get home I´m more tired than normal and for the first time in my mission my body is actually feeling worked. I can´t say that my body is more tired than my mind but I hope that one day it will be. Lol
When you ask for humility in your prayers you will be blessed with trial to try your humility. I thought I would be smart and try this out. I asked for humility. I thought we would be blessed with 20 or so baptisms and I could practice my humility by not getting big-headed with this. Turns out Humility also is trusting completely and totally in the Lord. Realizing that you are nothing and that He still requires work from you but in order to perform this work you have to give up your everything to Him. Boy was I fooled. I know for a fact that prayers are answered and the we never are forgotten. You have to rely on Him with every fiber of your being or you will fall. Maybe not into a pit but you will fall back in your progress on the strait and narrow. I´m learning to trust in Him.
I´m fat and happy and these hills aren´t so much taking away from my waist line as they are adding bulk to my legs. Sure they are muscely but imagine Hulk´s legs on a girl...not to pretty. Jk. At least I can scale these mountains with more ease. Now I just need to get my spiritual legs like the Hulk...
Love you guys like a fat kid loves cupcakes and hope you are all doing fine.
Love,
Shelle

No comments:

Post a Comment